In an ideal world, it would be available in as many countries as possible, but
one can only imagine the additional overhead Aira would incur by trying to
staff up with enough multi-lingual or exclusively Spanish speaking agents. That
and honestly, how many blind/VI iOS folks are there in Mexico or Latin America
in general that can afford to use this service? Probably not enough at this
moment to make it a viable option for Aira to offer.

I work in the interpreting field. I don’t personally deal with or offer
telephonic interpretation through my company mainly because it is such a hassle
and can get prohibitively expensive. As an example, for Spanish speaking
telephonic interpretation, agents can get paid 30 to 50 cents per minute. This
isn’t even considering more specialized fields like medical or legal fields
where a certification may be required. Not to mention issues like what’s
referred to as localization in the industry. I.E. Mexican Spanish isn’t
necessarily the same as Spain or Argentinian Spanish etc. These same issues are
present with English I’m sure for them, but again, you’re probably going to
have a wider pool of English speaking iOS users and agents and a more universal
vocabulary that Aira’s already spent resources on to properly train for.

I’d like to be proven wrong, but I at least for now don’t see how they can make
it work financially in the motherland.

I don’t personally use Aira, so don’t know their terms of service, but have you
considered maybe accessing it via a VPN? Seems like BeMyEyes would be a more
immediate and accessible option in the interim as well.