I haven't seen this message answered yet, although it's been discussed
in the past. I hope I'm not answering a message that's already been
answered.

I'm not sure how you're trying to do this, i.e. what browser and screen
reader you're using. I'm using Orca and Firefox, and what I do is follow
the link at the bottom of each message. I make sure I'm logged in with
the account I used to subscribe to the group. I then click on the My
Membership button right above the list of messages in the group. There's
then a button that just gives my current subscription option, such as
"Send a message for each post". I click on this button and a pull down
menu shows up, and I can arrow to the "No messages" option. I'm not sure
how much of this will work with your browser/screen reader combination.

As I said, this topic has been discussed recently on the list. Here's
such a message. Maybe this information will be more useful:

I'm pasting in the reply I gave Teresa three months ago about how to
change all membership options, including your mail preferences,
nickname, and the email address you want to use for receiving list
subscriptions for all mailing lists that you subscribe to via Google
Groups.  This and related questions have come up frequently enough of
late to warrant a full post, but I personally use the search facility of
the Mail Archive site to find these and other answers, including my own
the information on changing email subscription options, too.

The mail-archive page for groups that are archived there is simply the
posting address appended to the "www.mail-archive.com" address, so for
macvisionaries the URL is:
http://mail-archve.com/macvisionar...@googlegroups.com
and for the viphone list the URL is:
http://mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com

I also use these web pages to read the list contents if I am traveling.
 If I am using an iOS device, I can type my search term in to the text
box and press enter to find results, and then copy the URL of the
relevant post to an email reply.  If I am at my computer, I can read up
and down the threads with access key combinations (Control-n for next
message and Control-p for previous message in Safari on a Mac; for other
browsers and platforms substitute the appropriate access key prefix --
such as Alt-n and Alt-p for Internet Explorer, or I think it is
Alt-Shift-n and Alt-Shift-p for Firefox, etc.)

Instructions on changing membership options follow:

Begin forwarded message: