Hi Christina,  I have an IPhone 4 -- can't upgrade till next May --
and yesterday I took the plunge and updated to 6.  When I first tried
to update, it turned out I didn't have enough room on my phone -- I
have lots of music as well as a number of apps -- so I deleted some of
those apps that I never use, made room for the upgrade, and had no
trouble with its installation.  The phone is not sluggish, and some of
the improvements with touch typing are, I think, quite helpful.  I --
knocking on wood -- have had no regrets about upgrading my phone.
HTH,
Penny