Maybe try Apple Accessibility and see if they can figure out why it’s not
working for you

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Mary
Otten
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2019 8:19 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Setting up an activity in iOS 13

Hi Anna,
Yes, I am running 13.1.2. And I did go back and make sure that the activity was
set how I wanted it. I have tried all sorts of ways to get it to be activated.
I have turned my rotor to activity, open the mail, and manually flip to
activity one. I have flick to activity one prior to opening mail. I have left
things completely alone and opened mail. It just never works. I’m really
disappointed, because for me, this was one of the main things I really was
looking forward to with the new iOS. That and enhanced shortcuts and  HomePod
hand off, which is not

Sent from my iPhone