Hi there. I have the same issue. I haven't found an app that will do this
directly however here is a workaround.
Open the file attachment and take a screen shot - home plus power button. This
puts a photo of the image in your camera roll and will be the last one on the
list with the highest number.
Open your preferred ocr app and go to the camera roll option. Select the photo
of the image you took the screen shot of and go through the normal process of
your app to ocr it.
I find that prismo is the most accurate with the least amount of mistakes but
the others do work reasonably well if you don't have prismo. You can then save
your translated file into whatever app you use for storing documents etc.
HTH,
Jo

Sent from my iPhone