Hi Elizabeth,

        There are two more paid recorders that are popular among many on this
list, Voxie Recorder and List Recorder.

List Recorder is my favorite as it is not only a excellent recorder but also is
a note taker as well.

Also, List Recorder is designed for the Voice Over user so it is completely
accessible.  I think the strongest plus for List Recorder is that it is
designed to make it easy to organize recordings. You can move them around to
different lists and re name the lists in any way that works for you.  You can
organize things in all different ways.

Finally, The ability to add to either the beginning or the end of a existing
recording is a great help.

As far as sending the recordings to your computer you can use, email, dropbox,
or itunes File share.  Everything is described in the detailed help sections in
the app or you can use podcasts from sixthmode.com or applevis.com.

YOu can also export all or some of your List Recorder info to your computer for
safe keeping.  I'm a believer in backups so I appreciate this being built in.

To purchase List Recorder you first purchase the light app
for .99.  You then do a in app purchase to get the full version.  the second
purchase is $7.99. Once you have List Recorder your device will be a fully
functional accessible recorder and note taker.

I use this app more then any other on my phone. I'm sure it will work well on
the iPad.

Hope this info is helpful.

Eric Caron