That shouldn't be the case. As the speakers are the same for sighted users too, if they wish to listen to music in stereo, on their phone, without a headset.

Dave.

-----Original Message----- From: janet gross
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2019 8:48 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Speakers On An Xr iPhone Question Please.

Hi Dave,
Oh yeah, I know what you mean about how much the reps know about the products they sell. Although, I have to admit I am quite surprised especially both reps had xr phones the same as I do. Matter of fact, the Apple rep at the store yesterday, didn't even check the ear piece speaker! I'm just wondering if it is because maybe they aren't using voice over, so they just really don't know voice over and other come through the front ear speaker. Well, I finally turned on my phone, and listened to voice over and some music, and low in behold, I did hear voice over and the music I was playing coming from the bottom of the phone, as well as from the front ear speaker on the top of the phone, so now, I know for myself! I can't believe I never thought of something this simple! LOL! I'm losing it!
Thank you Thank you!

Janet