OK, I did some looking around on the Web re Braille Screen Input and
found that there's a lock orientation toggle activated with a three
finger swipe down. I unlocked the orientation, got it to be landscape
and in away mode, and am good to go. *fingers crossed* I didn't come
across that in the IOS BSI guide, but saw it on the Perkins website.

More Later,
Dani