Yeah… I don’t use the recipe aspect of the app at all. Couldn’t even tell you
how or it’s at all accessible.

I strictly use the kitchen scale function.

I just enter into the screen where there is a close button, where the weight is
displayed, a button where you can toggle between kelos/grams, LBS. and a button
to zero out the weight.

When I want to weigh/measure something like coffee for example, I just place VO
focus on the field with the weight read out and as I measure out my coffee
beans or water, VO will speak the weight in real time as I add or subtract
whatever it is I’m dumping on it. The scale itself has a physical button to
tare the weight so once I’ve got VO on that weight field, I don’t have to mess
with my phone. Sometimes, VO may lose focus and skip over to the close button,
but that’s not terribly common and I just have to flick back to the weight
field if it happens.

My first choice would of course be to have a super simple stand alone talking
scale, but as it seems I’m a slayer of such devices, I’ve found this scale at
least to be easy enough without too many hoops to jump through just to be able
to measure out a good cup of coffee in the morning.

Cristóbal