It does not deal with podcasts, only internet streaming stations.
The search is a bit strange since the last couple updates.
If you go to browse, then double tap on car mode, you will find a search option
where you can search for particular stations, categories, etc.

HTH,
Richard

"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." —
Jane Wagner
(Sent from an iPhone 4s)