From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
M. Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2020 7:15 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: How do you send a new tweet with the Twitter app?

Hello Alan,

Okay, first, I could not reproduce your findings as I was able to send a direct
message without any difficulty.

I will paste in your previously listed steps updated with my own.

Second, when trying to reproduce your experience, I could not locate any
account that starts with the word Beats.  So, if you could reply with the @Name
for the profile you wish to contact, I will see if I can send them a direct
message.

Since I could not locate your intended recipient, I sent a direct message to
Apple Support, @AppleSupport, a profile to which I have sent direct messages,
in the past..

1.
>From within Twitter, select the Messages tab.

2.
Activate the Compose New Message, button..

3.
Either search for @AppleSupport or, if you have previously contacted them,
locate their profile from the previously contacted list, located below the
Search field, and single-finger, double tap the profile to activate it.

4.
Either by swiping or explore-by-touch, locate the edit field which VoiceOver
announces as, �Compose new message, start a new message,� and single-finger,
double-tap the field to display the on-screen keyboard.

5.
Type in your message and, when finished, activate the �Send�, button.

That�s all there is to it.

Alan, give this another try and let us know how it goes.

Mark