Hi Richard,

I looked in the Emergency App and didn't have anyone listed.  I then went
into the Health app and I added my sister as an emergency contact.  I then
did a search and found these 2 ways of removing emergency contacts.

Featured snippet from the web
I modified the original steps for using the gestures way of navigating.
Remove emergency contacts
list of 5 items
1. Open the Health app and go to the Profile button / your picture in the
top right corner & single finger double tap.
2. Swipe to, Medical ID, & single finger double tap.
3. Single finger double tap the, Edit button, then swipe several times to
the Emergency Contacts, heading.
4. Swipe to the right to the contacts list, now find a contact you want to
remove and swipe down with 1 finger to the, Delete button, and do a single
finger double tap to remove.
5. Tap Done to save your changes.
list end

Another set of steps, not modified for gesture navigation:
How To Remove An Emergency Contact On An iPhone
list of 6 items
1. Open the Health app.
2. Tap the your account icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Tap Medical ID.
4. Tap Edit in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
5. Tap the red minus next to the emergency contact you'd like to remove.
6. Tap Delete.
list end

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.