Here's how I change speed in the native podcast app:
1. Find a podcast episode
2. Double tap on the episode to start playing it
3. Double tap the episode again to bring up the Now Playing screen
4. Swipe right until you hear something like "Playback speed, Normal
speed button" and double tap that button to find your desired speed
The Playback speed button is between the volume slider and the
Playback Destination button. You can also find it by touching the
lower left corner of the screen.
I hope that helps.

--
Respectfully,