From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Cheryl Ann Homiak
Sent: October-13-12 8:55 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Braille Displays For iPhone

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm used to a 40-cell braillelite 40 which is
still plugging away but unfortunately won't work with anything on the Mac
except Terminal. I see the low prices of some of these 12, 14, 18 and even
20-cell displays and wonder if I wouldn't be frustrated. I also see the
trend toward everything being dependent on the computer or smart device
instead of being able to use it as a stand-alone also and while I see the
benefits I wonder if I will be happy with something that forces me to always
have to have two devices of some kind together. Yet it's not like I can
really picture me affording a stand-alone unit with maybe an sd card slot so
I'm not limited by the braille device's storage. so I'm trying to reconcile
myself to  being glad to buy a device that will work with phone and
computer. I think I can do that but I'm not sure I can convince myself that
a device with so few cells, even at an almost affordable cost, will be worth
it. I also would like to hear from people who habitually have used 32 and 40
cell displays as to whether they really find the displays with fewer cells
satisfying for purposes of reading and web browsing.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart