Hello everyone,
    I am posting the below with the very kind permission of our moderator,
Mark. I am Hoping to spread the word and get as many interested folks as
possible in online courses I plan to conduct in the near future. However,
please read the blow information and only respond by way of the contact form or
direct email to me that are stated in the text below. Please do not post back
to this list in regard to this matter. Please also understand that this is all
in the planning stages, so your responses will certainly dictate and effect my
final delivery and course selections as well as the times and dates.
I thank you for your attention and any inconvenience, especially if you are
reading this more than once from other lists.

     I have mentioned here in the past that I was interested in pursuing
holding online courses of various kinds in the future. I got a bit sidetracked
and caught up in several other projects and tasks, but I have slowly been
contemplating and pondering the subject as time has passed.

    What I would like to do is first offer some free courses to help current
users or potential users of the Mac and iDevices get themselves started or
familiar with a lot of the basics in an easy, straight forward in systematic
manner. With the current circumstances created by the COVID19 pandemic, I also
think free courses would be helpful to many and appreciated as well.

   Obviously, if this project gains interest, it will expand and include
several intermediate and advanced areas of material regarding the Mac or
iDevices. I have plenty of ideas and thoughts, but it will basically depend on
the response from the community and the interest of users.

    With that all said, let me present my ideas and thoughts as they stand now.
Please do pass this information along to as many possibly interested people you
know and share it with them all.

The How

     I plan to hold these courses in some kind of online or telephone manner.
This will come down to what the general consensus of the interested people feel
is best. I am looking at Free Conference Calls as one possible avenue, while
other conferencing solutions, such as Zoom, has been suggested by many, along
with a few others, including Microsoft Teams.

The When

    At the moment, I'd like to start doing something in May. Specifically, the
weeks of the 11th or 18th are potential starting points. Again, though, this
will depend on the number of people interested and their suggestions.

The What

     As far as the material I plan to present, here are some initial topics I
would like to offer.

• An Introduction to your Mac and MacOS using VoiceOver
• VoiceOver Basics on the Mac: Interaction to Navigation
•Basic Web Browsing on the Mac with VoiceOver and Safari
• VoiceOver and applications on the Mac
•An Introduction to your iDevice and its potential using VoiceOver
•VoiceOver and iOS: Basic Gestures and the Item Rotor Explained
•VoiceOver and Applications in iOS: A Crash Course
• Your Apple Devices and Their Connectivity and Potential Power

What I need from You

    Now, what I would like from those who are interested is to please respond
to my ideas for the how, when and what options. You can do this by using the
https://macfortheblind.com/contact-us
Link on  the main page
 or you can email me directly at,
j...@macfortheblind.com
     Please indicate in the subject that you are interested in attending the
online courses. Also, please tell me the following:
•What conferencing method might be desired or felt to be the easiest for you to
use?
•What days of the week and times of the day would be most convenient for you to
attend an online course that would last between one hour and an hour and a half?
•Out of the topics listed above, please let me know which ones would be of the
most interest to you.

    Once I receive responses from the community, I will contact you directly
with details and set up the initial course time and material. If I receive a
mixture of suggestions, I will do my best to present multiple courses with the
desired topics to accommodate as many folks as I possibly can.

    I thank you in advance for your interest, and I hope that I will meet you
online in the near future.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer