Hi Gordon, going into iCloud and turning contacts off before I change the
contact and putting it back on afterwards works perfictly thanks very mluch.
Janet

From: Gordon
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 8:29 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: help with getting rid of a number

Please let us know if this works. I can't be positive that it will, but it
makes sense to me that it might. If not I'll see what else I can think of. Have
you ever used Google services on your phone that would require you to add your
Gmail account? If you have, there's a chance that you could have duplicate
contact entries coming from both Google and iCloud. In this case you can turn
off syncing of your Google contacts. We'll go down that road if my first
suggestion doesn't solve your issue.