First make sure your bluetooth device is powered on and connected.
Next go to settings and bluetooth.  Next choose more info for the
device that you want to rename.  Next choose name and then type in the
name.  Then choose done.   Here is a link to an article that explains
this.  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205348