Hi Deidre,
I don't know what NFB is doing with Newsline and KNFB Reader.  It has been in
beta for almost a year I think.
They never, ever, ever, respond to feedback.  Maybe they are still suckering
people into buying the $100 version of KNFB Reader so don't want to make the
free version that is blended into Newsline widely available.

But, is it like the old version of KNFB, kind of.
It is "KNFB Basic." Which can do basic scans, but Voice Dream Reader is easier
and better for 99% of what I do.
And, sadly typical of NFB, the app is done very oddly.
Screen number 4 or Page 4, is where you enter your Newsline sign in information.
Also where you set the speaking rate.
Then on that same 4th page is the KNFB Reader Basic settings like automatically
recognize text, Automatically speak text, The theme color.

Page 3 or screen number 3, is where you actually use KNFB Reader Basic.
Screen or page 2 is where you access the things like Information sources, your
states info, breaking news, information from other states, etc.

Screen or page 1, is where you do your Newsline reading of your favorites.

In my opinion; and I said this to them several times through the betas, they
have it basAkwards.

The Newsline portion works great though, until it crashes.  After sending in
feedback, it works great again for quite a while.

As for the getting around in an email, yes, the extra stuff is just above the
keyboard, just below the message text.

Richard