That's what I do is swipe up from bottom.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Marie
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 4:13 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: One more quick question re new SE

Unfortunately there is no way to activate the app switcher as easily as with
the 3D touch. It is more aggravating on the new one since there is no easy
gesture for it like on the 10 or 11 phones.
On the eight, I just press on the very left edge of the screen and the app
switcher pops up. And with my 11Pro, the swipe up from the bottom works great.
But going back to double clicking the home button is annoying, in my opinion.

Marie