You may have to add the battery widget to page one if it isn't already
there. Also, widgets have the ability to be set to show more or less. I
have my battery widget show more so that it includes all possible battery
states of various devices I may have connected via Bluetooth. You can
change the order in which widgets appear on your page one. I have mine
right near the top since I use it frequently. Hope that helps.

--
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power; The iOS Edition