There was absolutely no mention of new accessibility features in the
keynote this year. That's not alltogether bad given how much they added
last time which needed to be improved upon. Looking at the cessions
scheduled over the week which have been revealed so far, pickings are slim
for accessibility. There's a cession on using the VoiceOver custom rotor
capability. A couple of others deal with accessibility including one
dedicated to creating accessible apps on Big Sur. I have yet to see full
release notes on the various operating systems. That can often reveal
VoiceOver improvements not mentionned.

There was nothing accessibility related in the state of the platform
speech. That doesn't mean that there are no substantial accessibility
improvements. I suppose it does mean that there's unlikely to be any major
mind-blowing accessibility upgrades this time around. However, a number of
the new features discussed would certainly be of help to blind users.
Nothing struck me as particularly likely to be inaccessible to VoiceOver.

iOS13 saw a number of pretty largescale accessibility features added but
also saw a marked dip in quality control. Frankly, I'd be delighted if
things just worked and we weren't faced with any nasty bugs this time
around. I think it's actually pretty likely that iOS14 will be a much
smoother ride in that regard.

The game's not over yet. Often, more videos and cessions get added as these
things progress. Also, there are the Apple Design awards on June 29th.
Quite often, I've heard about accessible apps during those presentations.
There are also a ton of labs and appointments with Apple engineers with
nosy non-developers like me don't have accesss to. Those behind the scenes
discussions might well result in apps being made accessible after the
event. I intend to keep a close ear on things.

--
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power; The iOS Edition