What I tend to do is configure the modifier keys in VoiceOver settings so
that I use the capslock key directly above the left shift key. In my
experience, that makes a far better VO key. If you use VoiceOver settings
to go into practice mode, you can then figure out which keys are which.
Hope that's helpful. The K780 is a splendidly good keyboard.

--
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power; The iOS Edition