Kenny, and, Simon, here's what to do suggest to apple to send a command to your phone to brick it, and even if you got it back you wouldn't be able to unbrick it. However it could be unbricked. that would be entirely up to apple. Can't you just see this thug going into the apple store, asking for help with the phone and pretty soon the police walk up behind him. I believe this is your real security. As soon as the guy comes in the store there will be an alert that the phone belongs to you, while they making out to the guy like they are working on the phone, and someone else in the store would be calling the police. If apple had it where you could send a code from either your apple watch or another phone to send a specific brick code for your phone. I believe if this was done right it would certainly discourage the thieves from stealing iPhones or any other connected apple device. any thoughts?

Wayme
----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon A Fogarty" <si...@blinky-net.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 9:24 PM
Subject: RE: Using iOS Shortcuts to Deputize Siri?

Hi Kenny,

I’m not going to say your crazy,
Because you're probably thinking of something others are also thinking of.

How to do it would be the crazy thing!

I'm personally thinking what you are looking to do must be possible but I'm not sure you could do it with a Hey siri shortcut request if the jerkoff that just grabbed your phone is doing a runner.

And thinking that if I grabbed a mobile device and started running, I'd have it in one hand and that would be by my side as my arms pumped as runners do!

You would have road noise possibly to take in to consideration,
Other background noises
The runner might have put your phone in to their pocket to free hands or make themselves look les like a running scumbag!

And of course your idea of the photo of the face depends on if the phone is being looked at, which they would do I'm sure once they were away from anyone following them!

However if you have an apple watch especially one of the LTE models,
Could you not do some of this stuff from find my iphone via the watch?
Find my iPhone I've used to locate my watch from my phone so somewhat around the opposite way to what you are looking for,

But you could trigger an alarm,
Lock the phone or wipe it if needed,
I'm not sure about photos but there must be something that could give you that ability, Infact I think there is built in to the watch but it's from the phones camera so you can hold the phone up with the camera looking at something and view it on the watch screen!

The other thing is if you use a caine you could throw it at the scumbag like a javlyn / speer, Or if it's a broken down in to sections folding cain, throw it at their legs as they run so it might trip them and then you could kick the shit out of them while they lye there trying to free themselves,

Or if you use a dog, teach it to chase the bad guy like a police dog!
That one I'd like to see happen!

Sorry most of this isn't going to do what you are looking for but just some ideas looking from a somewhat different angle

Good luck and I hope you can figure something out