Really? Maybe you need too have the texter in your contacts. I can respond too a text by voice, without having too unlock my phone first. Their in my Contacts list though.

On 8/2/2020 8:54 PM, Carolyn wrote:
Siri tells me I have to unlock my screen for her to read a text.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Kenny
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 8:38 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: learning new things on my iPhone so cool!!!!!

I'm now learning how you can do practically anything on yur iPhone using Siri. I hear a
text, and I say "Hey Siri" respond too last text. Then I say what I want. She
repeats it, and I then say send. I'm able too do this while my iPhone is on the dresser
and I'm lying in bed. Have also composed an entire email and sent it using Siri.

It's amazing how well Siri works on the iPhone. Was able too do this even while
the screen was locked.