Hi,

Is your understanding we pair the Orbit Writer under iPhone bluetooth, not 
VoiceOver Braille?

Thanks,
Traci


> On Aug 5, 2020, at 8:51 AM, Les Kriegler <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi All,
>  
> There has been some discussion on pairing devices to the Orbit Writer. While 
> I haven’t received my unit, it’s due any day now, I’ve been studying the 
> manual and would like to offer a clarification that could easily be 
> confusing. Let’s say you wish to pair a device to the Writer on Bluetooth 
> Channel 2. You would activate the channel by pressing Space Left Arrow and 
> Dot 2. Now, here’s what I believe can be confusing. The manual indicates that 
> you should press the same key combination “to pair.”  This actually places 
> the channel into Pairing Mode. You then have to use your device’s Bluetooth 
> search function to actually connect the device. I realize the manual does 
> describe that process. At first, I was confused because I’m accustomed to 
> using the term Pairing Mode which the manual does not indicate in those 
> words. Perhaps this is obvious to everyone else, but people who are new to 
> pairing devices could be thrown off by this. I also realize that the biggest 
> adjustment I will have is depending on haptic feedback for all Writer System 
> events. I’ve never done this, I’ve always depended on a combination of speech 
> and braille. So there will be a learning curve here.
> Best Regards,
>  
> Les
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>  
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>  
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at:  
> [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you 
> can reach Cara at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
>  
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ 
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/>
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>.
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/000401d66b40%245027e880%24f077b980%24%40gmail.com
>  
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/000401d66b40%245027e880%24f077b980%24%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/AE88E028-FB46-48AC-B2F9-E007A7239E75%40gmail.com.

Reply via email to