What is Seeing AI XT?
At 10:21 AM 8/4/2020, you wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Last week I was searching for a free GPS navigation solution for my new
Galaxy S10 Plus.

One requirement was that the app must be able to automatically announce
cross streets without having a specific destination designated.

In iOS I use both Seeing Eye GPS XT (my preferred solution) and Nearby
Explorer when I want automatic cross street announcements.

Although Google maps is extremely useful in the latest version of Android,
it does not offer the automatic cross street announcement feature as
described above.  As yet, I have never used Google Maps for iOS.

Someone on an Android list suggested that I download Lazarillo for Android.
It was exactly what I needed and worked marvelously well.  I was so
surprised that a free solution existed.

This morning, I learned that Lazarillo can also be downloaded from the Apple
App Store.

So, I am posting the Lazarillo for iOS information below.  As yet, I have
not yet taken the iOS / iPad OS version out for a test spin, so to speak, so
any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy,

Mark

Lazarillo - Accessible GPS for blind and low vision

Developer:  Rene Espinoza

Free

LazarilloApp the GPS for people who are blind or have low vision, lets you
explore the world around you and set up routes.

Lazarillo is a specialized GPS app that brings mobility tools for people who
are blind. Using audio messages, Lazarillo will tell you about nearby
places,

the street you are walking on, street intersections in your way and more!
Like a radio, Lazarillo will announce the things around you while you are
moving.

This app was designed and implemented with active feedback from people who
are blind.

The GPS resource is used even if the App is in the background. This allows
the user to keep using the app without active usage of the screen, so they
can

still enjoy the features of Lazarillo even when their phone is in their
pocket or when using other relevant apps.

Note : "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically
decrease battery life."

This app allows you to use its accessibility functions for free, just
requires mobile data or a Wi-Fi connection.

To collaborate with people who are blind, Lazarillo's main feature is to
become the user's companion, providing essential information that allows
displacement and autonomy.

The goal is to help the person reach the chosen place in a simple way,
receiving Lazarillo indications by voice and notifications of nearby places,
institutions,

shops, etc, allowing communication between the user and the city.

The app contains the following features:

Exploration: Provides your actual position, nearby places, and street
intersections while you are walking on the street, in a bus or by car.

Category searches: Allows to find nearby places from a specific category
such as banks, health, food, shop, art, entertainment, etc.

Specific searches: Allows to find a route to any place using voice or
keyboard.

Help information:

Lazarillo provides information about establishments that work with blind or
visually impaired people. The app is linked to a web platform where the
institutions

are able to show important information about events, courses, workshops, and
any data that a blind person may need. In that way Lazarillo collaborates

with these institutions improving the communication among users, providing
better connectivity between people with visual disabilities.

For suggestions and doubts you can visit our web site at:
www.lazarillo.cl

or send us an e-mail to:
conta...@lazarillo.cl

US App Store URL:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lazarilloapp/id1139331874

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/001e01d66a72%24f0d7f870%24d287e950%24%40edu.