I have been subscribed to this list now, probably for more than ten years,
maybe I should say since I purchased my IPhone 4, whenever that was. For the
most part, I find the threads both useful and interesting, however when I see a
question like "What would be a good GPS app, or What would be a good recording
app etc., I start to wonder if I want to continue to be part of this list. As
most of you know, there is a website, http://www.applevis.com which is a
repository of information which can not be overshadowed by any other when it
comes to information about the usefulness of particular app's for blind and
visually impaired individuals. I urge each one of you who feel the need to ask
questions which you could easily find the answers yourself from this site to go
there and have a look at all the information which is available. There are
lists of app's concerning various needs or wants, there are podcasts for those
who feel they need further assistance in becoming familiar with a specific
application and you may just come away with more than you expected. Please,
before you bring a question to the list, consider finding the answer at
http://www.applevis.com  and thank you.

Fred Olver