Hi,

I'm still running my 4th gen iPodTouch on iOS 5.1.1 (not wanting to take the
time to upgrade to iOS 6 unless I have to).

My iPhone 5 will arrive in a few days.

What process do I have to go through to synnk the new phone to the old
iPodTouch? I mean, Can I restore the new phone to a backup of the iPodTouch
running iOS 5.1.1, or will I need to upgrade the iPodTouch to iOS 6 first, back
it up, then restore the phone from that backup?

Any other advice for this process appreciated. I've only had experience running
the iPodTouch from the ground up, never syncking an older device to a newer one.

Thanks for any help.

Keith