Hi Barbara,

You can't answer by voice, of course you can answer very easily if your
headset is connected by pressing the answer/hang-up button which is also the
Play/Pause button when you are not on a call. It is the slightly resessed
middle area on the headsets remote.

I rarely answer with a 2-finger double tap since it's very easy to find the
"Slide to Answer" control.

The choices are slightly different depending on whether your phone is locked
when the call comes in or whether you are doing something and it's unlocked.

Keep in mind that you can press either the volume up or down key when it is
ringing and this will mute the ringer which of course makes it a lot easier
to hear Voiceover.

If you hear the caller Id and decide you don't want to take the call you can
press the Power button twice quickly and that will decline the call and send
it to Voicemail.

OK, so here is what I do when the phone is locked:

As soon as the phone rings you only have 3 things on the screen:

The caller's identity, either their name if they are in your contacts or the
phone number.

A large "Slide to answer" control

This si super easy to find as it takes up the entire bottom area above the
home key exactly like the "Slide to Unlock" control. You can just put your
finger on the home key, then slide up a bit and you will hear "Slide to
Answer", now double tap anywhere and the call is answered. If you want to
hear the caller's identity again, do the same and when you hear "Slide to
Answer" just do a quick single finger flick left and Voiceover reads the
caller's identity/phone number. Do a single finger flick right and you are
on the "Call Options" button which I explain next.

Third and this is new in iOS 6 is the "Call Options" button. If you double
tap it you get a new screen with the following 6 items from top to bottom:

1.       Caller's identity

2.       Decline button

3.       Answer button

4.       Call Options button (this will hide that screen again if you tap
it)

5.       Reply with Message button (I am always placed on this by default it
seems after I double tap Call Options"

If you double tap you get to choose 1 of 3 pre-programmed messages and the
caller will get a text message with the text of whichever message you pick.
You can configure what these messages say in "Settings", "Phone" and "Reply
with message". All 3 messages start with "Can't talk right now" and then
whichever custom text you set up, e.g. Please call me back in 10 minutes.
Thank You."

6.       Remind Me Later button

Double tap this and you can choose from the following:

1 hour

When I leave

When I get Home

When I get to Work

I assume the "When I get Home" or "When I get to Work" options of course
depend on whether you set up your home and work address as the phone has to
know who you are and what these locations are. The "When I leave" would most
likely refer to wherever you are currently and the geofence would bbe set up
based on your current GPS location. The "In 1 hour" reminder is of course a
simple time based reminder, the others are location based reminders and you
want to keep this in mind because as soon as you set up a location based
reminder your phone constantly monitors your location and this will use more
battery.

OK, second scenario is that your phone is unlocked and it rings. Now instead
of one large "Slide to Answer" along the bottom you have "Decline from the
left edge to about the middle above the home key and "Answer" from the home
key to the right and on the very right is the "Call Options" button. Your
caller identification is displayed above.

It is once again very easy. Put your finger on the home key and slide up and
to the right just a bit, maybe towards the 1 o'clock position. This will put
you right on the Answer button. Should you for some reason are on "Decline",
just do a quick single finger flick right and you are on Answer. If you
slide to high and you hear the caller's name or phone number, flick right
twice, first time it will go to Decline, second time to Answer. If you want
the Call Options flick right once if you are on Answer or twice if you are
on Decline.

I highly recommend you use your landline or, if you don't have one, visit a
friend or family and ask them to call you repeatedly to become familiar with
the layout and practice this.

If you want to use the Call Options to Reply with Message, for example, you
don't actually have to have this all done before it goes to Voicemail. As
long as you get to it you can finish making your selections even if the
caller has already been forwarded to Voicemail.

Since I know that after I double tap on Call Options focus is placed on
Reply with Message, all I do is double tap Call Options, then I double tap
again and for me I am always placed on the very top which is the common
heading "Can't talk right now". Then I can flick right to my first custom
text message, flick right again to the second, flick right again to the
third. If you flick right again you actually get a "Custom" button which
allows you to type a personalized message just for that particular call.
Lastly there is a "Cancel" button if you decide not to send a text.

OK, hope this helps.