Oh I"m sorry, I stand corrected on that. I think I forgot what I have done when, though now I do buy them on the sight but listen on the app. Thanks for bringing that up.
Vicki Meizinger

Vicky,

You cannot buy books in the app. Apple has put a stop to that about a year
or so ago, all you can do with the app is download and listen to the books
you purchased either on the website with your computer or by going to the
mobile version of the website with Safari.