Hi,
I installed IOS 14.2 on my iPhone 8 this morning. So far, so good.

I’m very cautiously optimistic that two issues are resolved, but time will tell.
1) Since installing 14.2, alarms that were set in the Clock app are working as
they should. In 14.1, I could not reliably expect them to go off even when the
ringer and alert volume were set to 100 percent and Change With Buttons was
turned off.
2) Beginning in IOS 14.0, the Ringer and Alert volume would randomly  reset to
0. I’ve had an ongoing dialog with Apple for weeks about this issue. Today, an
Apple Senior Advisor told me that he received a report from Engineering that
IOS 14.2 has resolved the issue. We’ll see. If you are running 14.2 and you are
experiencing the Ringer and Alert  volume reset issue, you should do the
following.  note the approximate date and time that you last reset the volume
to 100 percent or your preferred volume in Sounds and Haptics. Then, go into
Sounds and Haptics and confirm that the Ringer and Alert volume is down to 0 or
less than your preferred volume level AND that Change With Buttons is Off. Take
a screen shot at the time that you observe the issue in Sounds and Haptics.
Report the issue to Apple Support within eight hours and request that your
screen shot and relevant diagostic logs are sent to The support Advisor and
Apple Engineering.