Hello Joy. Perhaps, my insomnia will actually be useful here. I have well
over 2000 Kindle books and read them exclusively on the Kindle app on my
iPHONE. The app is set up with a different overall style than the Books app
but it offers a wonderful reading experience when you grasp the basics.
I've written extensively about the Kindle app in my guide. It's called
Personal Power: The iOS Edition. It's free to everyone and available in
several formats. I recommend the Epub version. It works well in the Books
app or even better in the Voice Dream REader app if you have that. The
guide has a section called REad All ABout it. This covers a number of book
reading apps including a detailed look at the Kindle app. You can obtain
the guide from the Dropbox folder I've put it in. I've pasted the link to
the folder below. If that proves to be troublesome for you, I'm happy to
personally send you a copy. The audio narrated versions are too large for
that but the Epub and other document formats are easy to send around. The
link is:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/soubx9x41xjsxo8/AAC0K5acw10d45Ib6g6ItWPLa?dl=1

I hope this proves useful and that you will be able to master the Kindle
app. It's well worth learning how to use. Kindle prices are often much
cheeper than Apple Books especially if you watch for daily deals and other
sales.

--
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power; The iOS Edition