No, the person in question was referred by our local ILC who supposedly screened their referrals.

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. Taylor" <mk...@ucla.edu>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2021 6:32 AM
Subject: RE: Has Anyone Ever Used the Care.com App for iOS / iPad OS?

Hello Andy,

I am so sorry you experienced such a horrible thing. However, identity theft can happen, remotely, as well as in person.

Also, I want to be clear that you are not saying that the person you hired to assist you came from Care.com, right?

Anytime anyone uses Be My Eyes, etc, to read personal info, identity theft is possible.

I know of two people whose very own family members stole their identities; just terrible. Be that as it may, we cannot allow the unknown to prevent us from taking part in life.

As for me, I am fortunate enough to have two long-time friends to assist me with documents that may have to require my social security number, etc. Other than that? I simply use my screen reader technology to review my mail.

Again, I am so sorry for your horrific experience.

Mark