Couldn't agree more karma which is why I stated that these sorts of messages are ridiculous in the context given. Also completely agree that countries like Australia and New Zealand should be applauded for their efforts. Unfortunately, this person from New Zealand should not be applauded for his effort.

On 15 March 2021 19:38:32 Christopher Chaltain <chalt...@outlook.com> wrote:
I completely agree that New Zealand should be held up as a model of a nation that dealt with the pandemic aggressively and therefore avoided a lot of the disruptions to the health system causing unnecessary loss of life and also allowed their economy to recover more quickly. The mocking way you phrase this, by asking questions like “Why do you need to wear face masks?”, especially the first time you asked this where you didn’t make the connection with New Zealand, comes across as ridiculing efforts in the US and other places where wearing masks is a key part of being able to open the economy up safely. It’s similar to how those who fight against mask wearing policies call the rest of us “sheople” for taking our CDC guidelines seriously and who think a tiny inconvenience, like wearing a mask, is well worth saving lives and safely reopening our economy. The fact that you also keep asking this same question, even after people explain to you why we wear masks in the US, and you obviously know that it’s a political issue over here, makes one wonder why you keep bringing it up the way you do. Curiosity is a good reason to ask a question, and using a question to point out what New Zealand did right, is also OK, but asking a question just to be inflammatory and stir up traffic on a mailing list is something that should be handled by the list moderator.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Outlook

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com>
On Behalf Of Simon A Fogarty
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2021 10:38 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Masks & Face ID

It’s not rediculis, it’s fact,

We handled things better than a lot of countrys and we celebrate the fact that we have little if not any current cases of covid,

It’s not our fault that some countrys leadership ignored the issues of this virus,

It’s like the saying,
Kbolting the gate after the horse has bolted,

May be you should point at your countries leadership and ask why they didn’t do more to keep you safe from this virus,

Plus we only have 5 million population,
And incoming international traffic through 2 major centres,

It’s easier to lock our country down than it is others,

But it’s also a benefit that our entire countries behind the keeping the virus out.

May be other countrys should take a look at how we and a couple of other countrys

Have treated this globle situation,