Hi Rebecca,

What has worked for me is, using your example, type the word baseball
immediately followed by the question mark and then wait until the word appears
on your display.  It takes a couple of seconds to appear, it's not immediate.
If you type the word baseball and wait for it to appear, then you type the
question mark symbol, it will be translated into his which is what you are
seeing.  It takes some getting used to but it works once you get the hang of it.