From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Wayne Merritt
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:54 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Question About Audible

When deleting books, I've found it necessary to remove the Audible app from
the app switcher and then launch it again in order to not see the book parts
I just deleted. I never thought to simply refresh the downloaded screen.
This would save, time, especially when going from 1 part to another in a
book.

Wayne

On 10/30/12, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:
> Hi Clarence,
>
> Lisa basically pointed out where to find the delete button. Keep in
> mind that you have to delete each part of a book separately and once
> all parts of a book are gone it will go from your "Downloaded"
> category back to the "Not Downloaded" category after you refresh your
> library.
>
> Also, once you are in the Info screen (Info is the button at the top
> left, just one fligh right from the Back button) you only have the
> "Remove from Device" button is you have selected the "Details" tab.
> This is the middle of
> 3 tabs and it's just above the Home Key. On the right of Details is
> Chaters and if you flick left from the Details tab you have the Bookmarks
tab.

> Once you select a tab it stays selected until you change it. If I have
> to delete several parts, I start playback of the part I want to delete
> and immediately pause it with a 2-finger double tap. Then I flick
> right once since usually the Back button is highlighted after you
> start playing a part and one flick to the right puts me on the Info
> button. Once the Info screen comes up you can either slide straight up
> from the home key and a bit more after Details and you should find the
> "Remove from Device" button. I find it quickest to start on the home
> key and slide up to about 10 or 11 o'clock, so up and a bit to the
> left. This puts me on the Bookmarks tab and from there I just flick
> left once and I'm on "Remove from Device". Now you just double tap and
> confirm and you are back in the book where the various parts are
> listed. Now start playing the next part you want to delete and repeat
> the above.
>
> It sounds complicated and in a way it is although once you do it a few
> times it's pretty quick. I still wished Audible would finally listen
> and implement a better method for deleting books. A sighted person can
> simply swipe across the title of a part from left to right and the
> Delete button pops up on the right. I have written to Audible before
> requesting them to make this feature accessible and now with iOS 6 and
> the new Action rotor they could possibly even utilize that and all
> you'd have to do if Voiceover is on is to flick down once to get to
> delete. I can only encourage you to write to them as well and ask them
> to make a faster method of deleting a book available.
>

> Regards,
> Sieghard

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt