Hi Pam,

I recently got an Eco Bee thermostat & have mixed feelings about it.  I live in
an apartment so maintenance installed it so I cannot comment on how easy /
difficult that would be.  I had problems turning off the schedule.  It seems to
default to a schedule such that the temp will go up to 72 in the morning at a
set time & down to 65 at a set time at night.  I don’t remember if these are
the exact default temps but you get the idea.  I could tell Alexa to change the
schedule time but could not get rid of it altogether.  I did not want a
schedule.  I wanted to change the temp whenever I wanted.  I wrote Eco Bee
support & they did email me instructions on how to do this which worked nicely.
 One nice feature of the Eco Bee is that you can set a temp range such that if
the temp goes below 65 the heat will come on & if it goes above 75 the air
conditioning will come on.  Of course you can set the temps to whatever you
want.  And if you don’t want to bother with that, you can set the mode to heat
or cool & tell it the temp you want to maintain.

As someone else said, the Eco Bee is a geeks dream.  This is my first talking
or smart thermostat.  I probably won’t use all the features offered.  But it
does work well.  I can talk to the thermostat or to my Echo in another room to
change temps.  I found the app a bit challenging so haven’t messed around with
it much yet.  If I had it to do over again, I probably would have purchased
something more basic but my Eco Bee is working well so I’m sure not going to
change it now.

HTH,

Sherry Wells