Sieghard and all,

I have to thank Sieghard for spending time sending me all kinds of info about
the Sonos roam before I went and picked one up to try.
I found that a local, high end, audio store had some in stock, so last Tuesday,
June 1, I bought one.  The sales person said he had bought one for his
girlfriend and she doesn't go anywhere without it.  Well, I can somewhat
understand that.

While the Roam was just the latest addition to our Sonos system which I
honestly never thought I would own, and may have even said something to that
effect a year or more ago.

I am by no means an audiophile, but I do like quality sound.  Well, for the
little size of the Roam, it can put out great sounding music!

The only thing it is lacking is a 3.5 MM jack to use as a wired speaker, but
that is pretty minor.  The fact that it works with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is really
wonderful.

I have an old, Sound Brick Plus that is very similar in size.  I tis maybe 3/8
inch shorter and is a rectangle rather than a triangle shape; and it was around
$25 at least 5 years ago.

It has very clear sound.  But cannot compare to the depth of the sound put out
by the Roam.

The Roam weighs probably twice or three times what the Sound Brick weighs;
which is probably as much the drivers as anything since they have similar
battery life.

It is great having a speaker that I can just pick up and take with  me to our
backyard or wherever I want with such excellent sound.

The only odd thing is sometimes when connected via Bluetooth  with my iPhone
with the VoiceOver voice on my phone; the VoiceOver volume gets really extra
loud.  I know this has been reported to Apple concerning some other speakers
and I will dig up that report and add to it.

But, I am a very satisfied customer.

Richard

Web site: www.turner42.com<http://www.turner42.com>