1000 thank you’s. You fix the problem. I can’t believe it!

You can fill your ears with music and your mouth with food, but, music won’t
make you fat.
ternor...@gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 26, 2021, at 7:08 PM, Dave Clement <dclem...@mymts.net> wrote:

Hello,

This may not help but your problem sounds suspiciously like one
 I had after first upgrading to IOS 14 on my iphone 8. I was hearing two
extraneous words, sometimes at the top of a page, sometimes between icons on
the home screen, and always on the page number element. I say "hear" as I am a
Voiceover-only user.

My problem did turn out to be a labelling problem but a very unusual one.
Somehow, and I have no idea how, a user-defined label ended up assigned to the
page number element. This was not something I had done but nevertheless, the
weird words I was hearing were assigned to the page number.

To fix this I did the following...

1. Swiped down to highlight the page number element on the home screen.
2. Used the two-finger double tap and hold gesture to bring up the element
label function. I held until I heard three beeps and then let go. This gave me
the screen with a text field that I could edit. Sure enough, the weird words I
was hearing were in the text field.
3. I deleted the text in the text field, than entered one space, and then saved
the label.

As I say, I have no idea how those words got there but this fixed my problem.
If somehow, the text messsage your husband is hearing ended up in this label
field somehow, then this might account for what and where he is hearing what
appears to be a text message but is actually a field label.

To me, it makes sense that this condition could transfer from his iphone to his
ipad since user-defined field labels are carried across through iCloud for
devices using the same Apple ID.

I hope this helps.

Dave Clement
Winnipeg MB