Hi,

First, you can certainly set it up yourself.  You cannot, however, add the 
braille display until the phone is pretty much set up.

Alan Lemley wrote a very detailed guide for transferring everything from your 
old phone to the new one wirelessly, which if you are interested, I put the 
Word document on my web site.  I'll put the direct link to the document at the 
end of my message.

Once the phone powers on, if it is a phone with no home button, triple tap the 
side button to turn on VoiceOver.  If it has a home button, Triple tap the home 
button.

VoiceOver will come on and you can follow the prompts from there.

You will have to go through many settings first before you can get to the 
accessibility settings, VoiceOver , Braille to select your display.

I'm waiting for the 13's to come out myself since that should be just a little 
more than a month.

Here is the direct link to Alan's document: 
http://www.turner42.com/SettingUpnewIphoneWithWirelessTransferByAlanLemly.docx
HTH,
Richard
Software means never having to say you're finished

Web site: www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Duane 
Steele
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2021 9:30 AM
To: IPhone List <[email protected]>
Subject: A new phone setup question

Hello Listers,

I'm considering getting a new iPhone, and, whenever I'm about to get some new 
device, I find it scary, at the very least. So here's my question. When I take 
my new phone out of the box and begin the set-up process, I'd like to use my 
Braille device as soon as possible to enter information. How soon in the set-up 
process may I connect the device, or is this even necessary or possible. Can I 
set my new phone up without help from anyone? Just wondering as I consider this 
giant step. Thanks for advice and encouragement from those of you who are much 
more tech savvy than I am.
  

Peace & Blessings,
Pastor Duane L. Steele
Phone (276) 730-5194

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C6c8d3b9371a245e3a30908d960d3101e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637647281888581646%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=IMPx2NSWV9yV0LnYqT3hpBGTLn2avSgSsK4JLGUOCy0%3D&amp;reserved=0
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2F3BD09586-BA29-4AAF-9D3C-D0E4EC2337EE%2540gmail.com&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C6c8d3b9371a245e3a30908d960d3101e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637647281888581646%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=%2BmkhkvjbC1%2Fb3R7y5elMUdIEnQ7VWchWcc%2F7TXN7xE4%3D&amp;reserved=0.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MW4PR17MB4513955D43D53E0F916A0741B7FD9%40MW4PR17MB4513.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.

Reply via email to