I have just removed the app from my iPhone and Apple Watch.

Reinstalling the app the battery percentage for my iPhone and Watch show up on
my Apple Watch.

Not sure what purchases cover except the removal of adverts.

Try restarting both devices, does your iPhone charge level then show up on your
Apple Watch?

Malcolm Parfitt