Ok, never mind.  It turns out that unless it gives a very definite confirmation that you have borrowed something it hasn't borrowed it.  I had not borrowed anything.  Once I actually did though I was able to double tap on the title and the next page does show a play button.

this app works great with VO.

Dan Beaver