The newest Apple Watch 7 has of course a faster processor, they have managed to
reduce the bezel around the edges which means the display area is larger even
though the watch itself is only ever so slightly larger, this I think is
definitely a good thing. The shape of the watch is also slightly different,
more rounded corners and edges and it can charge from basically 0% to 80% in 45
minutes which of course is also very good.
The Apple Watch 6 will be discontinued although you may get a bit of a deal on
one since I'm sure retailers still have some, what you can buy going forward is
just the Apple Watch 3 for $199 US, the Apple Watch SE which I think was
released last year as a lower cost option with I believe mostly Apple Watch 5
insides for $279 and the new Apple Watch 7 will start at $399. If you can
afford it definitely buy the Apple Watch 7 as it will support the full feature
set of Apple OS 8 and will be the most future proof, especially a watch is
something I think most people wouldn't want to upgrade every year or two and as
the Apple Watch now is a more mature product I would think you can easily get 5
or 6 years or even longer out of an Apple Watch 7. Spending a bit more will be
worthwhile in my opinion and when I say I wasn't impressed this refers to
somebody who owns an Apple Watch 6 which is still going to be a great watch for
years to come. What would me upgrade for example would be a major break-through
in battery life or if they added solar charging so that maybe your watch will
run for a week without charging, currently they say they have increased the
battery size of the Apple Watch 7, but with performance improvements they still
mention 18 hours of battery life so plenty to get you through the day, maybe
enough for 2 days if you don't do all that much with it, but of course the fact
you can give it enough charge for I think they said 8 hours of use in 8 minutes
is fantastic alongside the 80% charging in 45 minutes..