I’m totally happy with my IPhone 7 and don’t plan to upgrade anytime soon.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 3:19 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Initial thoughts after today's Apple Event

We just finished watching the Apple Event. I should mention that I have an
iPhone 11 and an Apple Watch 6 and my wife has an iPhone 11 Pro and also an
Apple Watch 6 and we also have whatever was last year's latest basic iPad.

I found today's announcements somewhat underwhelming, the new iPad Mini sounds
nice, but the Apple Watch 7 certainly isn't an upgrade I would consider and
neither is the iPhone 13.

A huge amount of time was spend on the iPhone 13 and 13 Pro phones new camera
systems and in the case of the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max also on the Pro Motion
display with its up to 120 Hz refresh rate, for most blind people this is of
little relevance.

I was also surprised that no mention was made whether Lidar now is in all
iPhone 13 models or still only in the Pro models, maybe I missed it, but I
don't think so.

Conclusion: no new Apple toys for us this year, but I look forward to next
year's announcement of the Apple Watch 8 and iPhone 14, maybe we'll see some
more compelling new features.

Of course there is still more news expected about Airpods which were not
mentioned with a single word so who knows, maybe I'll buy my wife a new headset
for Christmas, I am still holding out for whenever Sonos will release their
headset. Until then we'll save our hard-earned Dollars since I am also looking
at upgrading our 25-year old mid efficiency gas furnace with a new high
efficiency model and heat pump and that's a big one in terms of cost, if I want
to finance this from not upgrading our iPhones we'll have to keep our current
ones for another 10 years 🤣

Best regards,

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/SJ0PR06MB7862DDED615EC5DEAB86811CC7DA9%40SJ0PR06MB7862.namprd06.prod.outlook.com