From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:48 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Bluetooth earpiece limitations - was a good Bluetooth ear piece
for the IPhone

Keep in mind that even the best Bluetooth earpiece or headset has what I
consider to be one major limitation: a small delay which is not really
noticeable when you use it to make a phone call or listen to you're your GPS
has to say, but if you try and write something like a text message or email
I at least find this delay to be extremely annoying and it slows down your
typing speed on the regular virtual keyboard. The iPhone 4S and iPhone 5
both support Bluetooth 4.0, but I don't think I have seen anything other
than Bluetooth 2.1 being used for the headsets I tried including the
high-end Jawbone ones. I have a stereo Bluetooth headset which I used
sometimes at home when I want to listen to a book while I vacuum or work in
my woodworking shop and I don't want a cable and at the same time don't need
to really "use" the phone.For anything else the earpods are my choice.