Siri Commands and more:
*I.  Special notes:
1.  Apple now has a dedicated line for accessibility issues - you can reach them
at          877-204-3930. The number is also listed on the general contact page
found at:
http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

2.  A link to   specific directions for features of the IPhone and IPad are
found  is on the nextline.
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/iphone/vision.html

*II.  siri  Commands
Press and hold the home button.  Then let go when hearing the short ding.  Ask,
“what can I ask you  One can also say “what can I say.”
.”  You will get a list of things you can ask.

List of Siri voice commands inside

Address Book

Querying Contacts
? What's Michael's address?
? What is Susan Park's phone number?
? When is my wife's birthday?
? Show Jennifer's home email address

Finding Contacts
? Show Jason Russell
? Find people named Park
? Who is Michael Manning?

Relationships
? My mom is Susan Park
? Michael Manning is my brother
? Call my brother at work

Calendars

Adding Events
? Set up a meeting at 9
? Set up a meeting with Michael at 9
? Meet with Lisa at noon
? Set up a meeting about hiring tomorrow at 9am ? New appointment with Susan
Park Friday at 3 ? Schedule a planning meeting at 8:30 today in the boardroom

Changing events
? Move my 3pm meeting to 4:30
? Reschedule my appointment with Dr. Manning to next Monday at 9am ? Add Lisa
to my meeting with Jason ? Cancel the budget review meeting

Asking about events
? What does the rest of my day look like?
? What's on my calendar for Friday?
? When is my next appointment?
? When am I meeting with Michael?
? Where is my next meeting?

Alarms

Setting Alarms
? Wake me up tomorrow at 7am
? Set an alarm for 6:30am
? Wake me up in 8 hours
? Change my 6:30 alarm to 6:45
? Turn off my 6:30 alarm
? Delete my 7:30 alarm

Checking the Clock
? What time is it?
? What time is it in Berlin?
? What is today's date?
? What's the date this Saturday?

Using a Timer
? Set the timer for ten minutes
? Show the timer
? Pause the timer
? Resume
? Reset the timer
? Stop it

Email

Sending Messages
? Email Lisa about the trip
? Email Jennifer about the change in plans ? New email to Susan Park ? Mail Dad
about the rent check ? Email Dr. Manning and say I got the forms, thanks ? Mail
Lisa and Jason about the party and say I had a great time

Checking Messages
? Check email
? Any new email from Michael today?
? Show new mail about the lease
? Show the email from Lisa yesterday

Responding to Messages
? Reply Dear Susan sorry about the late payment ? Call him at work

Friends

Checking Up on Friends
? Where's Jason?
? Where is my sister?
? Is my wife at home?
? Where are all my friends?
? Who is here?
? Who is near me?

Maps

Directions
? How do I get home?
? Show 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino California ? Directions to my dad's work

Local Businesses
? Find coffee near me
? Where is Starbucks?
? Find some burger joints in Baltimore
? Find a gas station within walking distance ? Good Mexican restaurants around
here

Messages

Sending Texts
? Tell Susan I'll be right there
? Send a message to Jason Russell
? Send a message to Lisa saying how about tomorrow ? Tell Jennifer the show was
great ? Send a message to Susan on her mobile saying I'll be late ? Send a
message to 408 555 1212 ? Text Jason and Lisa where are you?

Reading Texts
? Read my new messages
? Read it again

Replying to Texts
? Reply that's great news
? Tell him I'll be there in 10 minutes
? Call her

Music

Playback
? Play The Light of the Sun
? Play Trouble
? Play Taking Back Sunday shuffled
? Play Alicia Keys
? Play some blues
? Play my party mix
? Shuffle my roadtrip playlist
? Play
? Pause
? Skip

Notes

Creating and finding notes
? Note that I spent $12 on lunch
? Note: check out that new Alicia Keys album ? Find my restaurant note ? Create
a reading list note ? Add Tom Sawyer to my reading list note

Phone

Phone calls
? Call Jason
? Call Jennifer Wright mobile
? Call Susan on her work phone
? Call 408 555 1212
? Call home
? FaceTime Lisa

Reminders

Requesting reminders
? Remind me to call mom
? Remind me to call my mom when I get home ? Remember to take an umbrella ?
Remind me take my medicine at 6am tomorrow ? Remind me to pick up flowers when
I leave here ? Remind me when I leave to call Jason ? Remind me to finish the
report by 6

Stocks

Checking Stocks
? What's Apple's stock price?
? What is Apple's PE ratio?
? What did Yahoo close at today?
? How is the Nikkei doing?
? How are the markets doing?
? What is the Dow at?

Weather

Checking the Forecast
? What's the weather for today?
? What's the weather for tomorrow?
? Will it rain in Cupertino this week?
? Check next week's forecast for Burlington ? What's the forecast for this
evening?
? How's the weather in Tampa right now?
? How hot will it be in Palm Springs this weekend?
? What's the high for Anchorage on Thursday?
? What's the temperature outside?
? How windy is it out there?
? When is sunrise in Paris?

Websearch

Looking up information
? Search the web for Bora Bora
? Search for vegetarian pasta recipes
? Search the web for best cable plans
? Google the war of 1812
? Search Wikipedia for Abraham Lincoln
? Search for news about the World Cup
? Bing Alicia Keys

Using Wolfram Alpha
? How many calories in a bagel?
? What is an 18% tip on $86.74 for four people?
? Who's buried in Grant's tomb?
? How long do dogs live?
? What is the Gossamer Condor?
? What's the square root of 128?
? How many dollars is €45?
? What was the Best Picture of 1983?
? How many days until Christmas?
? How far away is the Sun?
? When is the next solar eclipse?
? Show me the Orion constellation
? What's the population of Jamaica?
? How high is Mt. Everest?
? How deep is the Atlantic ocean?
? What's the price of gasoline in Chicago?
What movies are snowing (your town’s name.)

Also here is an article called "my day with siri"

My day with Siri

Lex Friedman
 @lexfri Oct 2, 2012 3:20 AM
print Lex FriedmanSenior Writer, Macworld Lex uses a MacBook Pro, an iPhone 4S,
a third-generation iPad, a Kindle 3, a TiVo HD, and a treadmill desk, and loves
them all. His latest book, a children's book parody for adults, is called "The
Kid in the Crib." Lex lives in New Jersey with his wife and three young kids.
More by Lex Friedman

I admit it: I love Siri. It helps that I work from home, so I can talk to my
phone without inhibitions. It doesn't hurt that I generally crave pseudohuman
contact. But the real reason is simply that I find Siri so useful. And in iOS
6, Siri has become even more useful than it was before.

The iOS virtual assistant has learned to respond accurately to a variety of new
instructions. You can now use Siri to get information about movies, sports,
restaurant reviews, and reservations, in addition to testing its know-how
regarding weather, stocks, and the like. You can also use Siri to post to
Facebook and Twitter, launch apps, and get directions—and that’s all in
addition to its ability to set timers, send messages, perform searches, and
more.

I now find myself using Siri throughout the day, for a wide variety of tasks
and queries. Here's how one such day might go.

Morning routines
 First thing in the morning, I wake up to one of my kids clomping into my room.
Siri can’t help with that. But when it’s time to figure out what to wear, I
generally ask Siri two questions. "What’s today’s forecast?" (or some
variation) comes first. (You can phrase that question and many other comments
almost any way you want, and Siri will understand; you don't have to memorize
one specific way to phrase a question.)

Once I know how warmly to dress that day, I find out what kinds of clothes I
should put on. The key factor is whether it’s a normal working-from-home day or
a day when I might actually interact with other human beings. So I say, "Show
me today." That instructs Siri to present a list of all the events on my
calendar for the day.

Armed with that intel, I’m off to shave and shower. Inevitably, at some
point—often during the toothbrushing portion of my ablutions—I’ll remember
something I forgot to do the night before. So I once again turn to Siri:
"Remind me to put the DVD in the mailbox at 8 a.m."

The workday begins
It’s rare that a workday of mine gets under way without a reminder or two from
the night before beeping on my Mac and iOS devices, something like “Write the
Siri story”—almost undoubtedly a reminder I set via Siri.

While colleagues formally schedule most of our office meetings in our shared
calendaring system, someone occasionally sends out an email instead. Even
though Fantastical is in my menu bar and Calendar sits patiently in my Dock, I
often turn to Siri for help instead: "Put 'Call with Dan' on my calendar for 1
p.m. Pacific Time today."

As I research stories throughout the day, I rely on Siri to place important
phone calls, too. Sometimes I just say "Call" followed by the actual digits; if
it’s a contact in my address book, I might instead say "Call Apple PR."

Come lunchtime, if I'm cooking, I time it via Siri: "Set a timer for 12
minutes." (Note that Reminders works great with relative times, too; you can
say "Remind me to check the oven in 12 minutes," if that’s more your style.)
Sometimes, during lunch, I’ll think to call my sister in Israel. But since I
never remember the time difference, I tend to ask my best friend: "Siri, what
time is it in Jerusalem?"

Siri knows
 Thanks to iOS 6, I can use Siri to satisfy other burning questions at lunch
now, too. "When do the Eagles play next?" When Siri answers, I can then use it
to compare the starting quarterbacks’ stats, by asking about each one in turn.

This week the Eagles play the Arizona Cardinals, with former Eagles backup
Kevin Kolb taking the start for the Cardinals at quarterback. I couldn’t get
Siri to understand me when I tried to say Kolb’s last name, so I used a clunky
but functional workaround. First I asked about the Cardinals' roster: "What’s
the Arizona Cardinals' starting lineup?" When I confirmed that Kolb wore number
4, I asked Siri, "Who wears number 4 for the Arizona Cardinals?" That brought
up the stats I was after. You can get even more creative with your questioning
when Siri can’t parse a name properly: "Who’s taller, Arizona Cardinals
quarterback number 4 or Eagles quarterback Michael Vick?" (It's Kolb by 3
inches.)

The fact that Siri struggles with less-common names can become problematic, not
just for sports queries, but for movies too. Generally Siri will perform
capably in understanding names that belong to the people in your address book.
But when it comes to athletes and movie stars, Siri fares far better with “Tom
Brady” than “Nnamdi Asomugha.”

I try to schedule any outside appointments for around the lunch hour, too. When
I have one to attend, I rely on Siri to get me there. It’s impressively good at
parsing addresses: "Give me directions to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in
Washington, D.C." will get me to the White House. And I can always return home
again with a simple "Take me home" request. If I’ll be back unexpectedly late,
I can iMessage my coworkers with Siri, too: "iMessage Dan Moren that I’ll be
back in another 20 minutes." New in iOS 6, Siri is much less strict about how
precisely to phrase such instructions; it was far pickier in iOS 5, requiring
more cue words.

The dinner hour
 As dinner approaches, most nights, my wife tells me what she has cooked for
that evening. Sometimes she comes into my office and says: “We’re going out for
dinner tonight.” That’s when I turn to Siri, which in iOS 6 lets you get
amusingly specific: "What are the best kid-friendly Italian restaurants within
5 miles?"

In central New Jersey, where I live, Siri knows plenty about some restaurants,
little about others, and nothing at all about a few too many. If we lived
somewhere more metropolitan, I probably could use Siri to make reservations,
but out here very few restaurants support OpenTable. You can find some of your
nearby options with a phrase like: "Where can I get a reservation for five
people tonight at 6 p.m.?" Siri will then gather what it can from Yelp; if that
service covers your area well, you’ll be in relatively good shape. But if it
doesn’t, Siri can’t compensate for that subpar data.

Evening
 Once the kids are asleep, my wife and I occasionally pick a movie to watch.
Generally our choices are limited to what’s streaming on Netflix or HBO Go, but
we let Siri help narrow our selections: "What’s a good comedy starring Jennifer
Aniston?" More often, we use Siri to tell us whether a movie we're considering
is worth watching: "Is the movie Rumor Has It any good?"

I have three young kids, so I only very rarely see a movie in an actual
theater. When I do, though, I can now rely on Siri’s knowledge of what’s
playing (which, like its knowledge of who stars in which movies, comes from
Rotten Tomatoes). As with Yelp, the quality of the data you get from such
queries will depend on how well Rotten Tomatoes covers your area. When I ask
about movies playing near here, Siri performs beautifully. When a colleague in
the San Francisco Bay Area asks for that information, Siri returns incomplete
or erroneous data—more movies than the theater has screens, for example, or
results for theaters too many miles away.

When it’s finally time to retire for the evening, I don't use Siri to set an
alarm for the next morning. I have kids for that. On those rare occasions when
I need to wake up even before they do, or when I'm traveling, I turn to Siri
one last time: "Wake me at 5:30 a.m."

Throughout the day
I like launching apps with Siri, because it’s generally faster even than using
Spotlight search. You can say "Launch Facebook," "Open Tweetbot," or "Play
Angry Birds." If you want to open the camera, you can say "Take a picture,"
though that’s not necessarily faster than using the Camera lock-screen
shortcut.

If you tell Siri "Do not disturb," it understands that you’re alluding to the
new feature in iOS 6 to mute alerts and notifications, but it can’t enable that
feature for you: Instead, it will helpfully provide a link to that setting.

Which is to admit that, as helpful as Siri is, I still have plenty of items on
my Siri wish list that it hasn’t learned to handle. For example, you can’t use
Siri to add or edit contacts, to go directly to specific websites, or to
explicitly control third-party apps. And Siri still can’t toggle settings like
Bluetooth.

As mentioned above, Siri flails when you try to ask about athletes or movie
stars with unusual names it can’t transcribe. And its information is generally
only as good as its providers can offer.

When Siri understands you on the first try, and when its answers are accurate,
it’s awesome, and indistinguishable from magic. When it needs multiple tries to
understand you, or when its answers are no good, Siri brings back unpleasant
Newton memories.

That said, with Siri’s gains in iOS 6—not to mention back-end improvements that
seem to have Siri understanding me better than ever—it has become an even more
indispensable way for me to interact with my iOS devices. Despite its
occasional shortcomings, I’m grateful that it’s there.