After feedback I have revised the instructions see below.

NOTE when creating  the dictionary entries  TURN ALL APPS from on to off.
SET it TO HOME SCREEN FOR ALL OF THEM

Now follow the below instructions.

1 go to settings double tap.

2 accessibility double tap.

3 go to voice over on double tap.

4 speech double tap.

5 pronunciations  double tap.

6 tap add

Then follow the instructions below

On the Status bar it says cellular 4 of 4 bars signal strength I wanted to
change this so I did this:

1 Put in   the phrase box

of 4 bars, signal strength

2 Substitution

Bars

3 turn off "apply to all apps  it is set to on by default.

4 select home screen after turning "apply to all apps  to off.

5 press back button.

I didn't want

Status bar item spoken so I did this

1 In the phrase box I put

Status bar item

  2 substitution just put in a  space.

3 turn off "apply to all apps  it is set to on by default.

4 select home screen after turning "apply to all apps  to off.

5 press back button.

I didn't want not charging spoken I did the following.

1 in the phrase box I put

Not charging

2 substitute put a space.

3 turn off "apply to all apps  it is set to on by default.

4 select home screen after turning "apply to all apps  to off.

5 press back button.

  I didn't want battery power spoken I did the following.

1 in the phrase box I put the following

Battery power

2 Substitution battery

3 turn all apps from on to off.

4 select home screen.

5 press back button.

Now when swiping my status bar reads like this.

Visible

Cellular 3 bars

LTE

74% battery