Thank you for the follow up. And don’t’ I feel like an ignoramus. I just
noticed I had a fat finger and typoed  recommendations in the subject line. Oh
well.

Cristóbal

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Richard
Turner
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 9:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Reccomendations for an iPhone scan stand

HI Cristóbal and all,

I heard back from the person who makes the ScannerBin.  IN fact, he sent me the
stand he is currently selling, which is an improvement from the one I bought a
few years ago.

This one, the camera whole just fits my 13 pro camera, but it is tight.  The
tricky part is I don’t think a blind person would be able to assemble it
without a sighted person identifying the various flaps that need to be folded
and tucked into place.

It is also in more pieces than the original one.

There is however a new optional strip of LED lights that hang over the opening
where you place your document.  They are powered by a 5 volt USB port, so any
standard phone charger or USB port on a computer.  The cord is about 3 feet
long.  So, if you need the lights, you have to be close to power.  And, the
lights can be easily removed if not needed and put back in place when needed.
It is a little hard to explain.  That is one of the parts that would need
sighted assistance to attach.

I’ll be updating my site, but the current description is on his web site at
www.scannerbin.com <http://www.scannerbin.com>

Once assembled, it is a handy scanning box.

HTH,

Richard

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought
which they seldom use.” - Søren Kierkegaard

My web site:  <https://www.turner42.com/> https://www.turner42.com

🦅