From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Richard
Turner
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 1:07 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Pasting permission and Apple Accessibility's great communication!

Of late, Apple Accessibility has been great about responding to emails and
often with useful responses beyond we forwarded it to the right team.

I wrote them about the permission to paste issue and they wrote back asking for
more specifics since they couldn’t duplicate it.
I had discovered, I think thanks partly to a question Sieghard asked about
duplicating it, that if you define a gesture for paste for VoiceOver and use
it, the permission dialog pops up every time.  If you use the rotor and go to
edit, paste and double tap, no permission dialog.
When you use the gesture that causes the dialog to pop up, you can just dismiss
the dialog to clear it and the paste happens just fine.
After I replied with my explanation, within 12 hours they wrote back that they
now can duplicate the issue and forwarded that to the team to put in the fix.

For a while there, their responses were seldom useful, but they seem to have
ramped up their quality of service.

One of the best things about having an Apple device is access to help all the
time unlike some devices...

Richard
“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought
which they seldom use.” - Søren Kierkegaard

My web site: https://www.turner42.com<https://www.turner42.com/>
🦅

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/007001d8cdf5%24aeb6d950%240c248bf0%24%40comcast.net<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/007001d8cdf5%24aeb6d950%240c248bf0%24%40comcast.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.