Yeah I've done that with Twitter for instance, but the way I've gotten to the submenu, is double-tapping, and holding the 2nd press. This does work, but for instance, in Whatsapp, it puts you in the Reply field too. At least for now... it's a partial workaround. Nevertheless I hope this bug gets fixed soon!

Gera